Abetransport.co.uk is a scam website.
Please do not send any payments to abetransport.co.uk, they will take our money and have no intention of supplying you with a shipping container
This post only relates to abetransport.co.uk and not any other similar website or similar sounding company that may be perfectly legitimate.
First reported by a container trader November 2021, we have not yet received any victim reports however the reasons we can be sure this is a scam site is as follows.
- Site only registered a few days ago,
- Text on the website has been clearly copied from a different traders website (circa 2 paragraph block copies word for word with the company name changed), including a spelling mistake also copied over.
- Address does not lead to an office or a location where a company of this name is registered.
- Social media links lead to social media pages for totally different companies (which in turn link to their own website and not abetransport.co.uk), or in case of the YouTube link this seems to lead nowhere.
- Prices offered are significantly below factory cost prices and unrealistically cheap.
- Site is incomplete without various legal policies
- They don’t have a landline number
If you are speaking with abetransport.co.uk about buying a shipping container please do not send them any payments. You will loose your money.
Chances are if you found this ‘company’ – you will have found some adverts with very good prices on Facebook marketplace, gumtree or another online marketplace.
If you got in tough, the person posting the advert is likley a victim themselves, they believe they are doing ‘work from home’ marketing work for a legitimate firm, we believe these posters never get paid for their work.
They will take your contact number and pass it onto the scammers, or give you the scammers email address and ask you to contact them.
One you are dealing directly with the scammers they will offer formal looking quotes and invoices with official looking email address and website as backup to help them come across as legitimate. Often their quotes may include an offer for free delivery but they will always be much cheaper than any legitimate container company can physically offer.
If you have been scammed, please report this to the police and / or action fraud ASAP, we woudl also like to hear from you, and if you are happy to share a copy of the invoice they sent and the bank details they have asked you to pay into this can be very helpful. we cannot report crimes on behalf of anyone else unfortunately.